May 9th to June, 2014
Check out the new Historical Exposition – Peratus et Volus (Ready and Willing) -Opening Friday May 9th within the Arbor Gallery Centre for Contemporary Art, Showcasing the Higginson Officers of the Prescott Militia and rarely seen family historical artefacts which will also highlight the Prescott Militia during the conflict of the Fenians.
May 17th and 18th
Come to the Higginson Tower and Arbour Gallery to visit an 1860s Volunteer Militia Camp. The Living History Re-enactors will be animating the site by conducting demonstrations and sharing their experiences about Militia life.
SATURDAY May 17th
- 10 AM Cannon salute to open the event,
- 11 AM March on Main Street
- 12 PM At noon cannon and musket salute to Queen Victoria, This consists of alternating firing between cannon and infantry
- Break for lunch
- 1 PM Soldier School for children
- 1:30 PM Battle against the Fenians in the wooded area beside the Tower
- 2 PM Children search for the Fenian stragglers
- 3 PM March on Main
- 5 PM Final Cannon salute –Camp is closed to the public
An Old Time Photo Booth will be setting up shop at the Tower on Saturday only.
SUNDAY May 18th
- 10 AM – Cannon salute
- 11 AM – Historical themed church service
- 1-4 PM – Re-enactors are available on site
- 4 PM – Site closes